Environmentally Friendly Paint Strip Gel. Removes Multiple Layers in a Single Application.
Uses: Easily remove paint, varnish, epoxy, or polyurethane by applying Clearstrip™ Gel onto the coated surface and then lightly scraping it away. Use inside or outside on most rigid surfaces including wood, concrete, brick, and metal.
Features & Benefits: Clearstrip Gel stays wet for hours, continuing to work long after other strippers have ceased to be effective. Removes multiple layers in one application. Low odor, non-caustic, non-flammable and biodegradable. As a gel, it clings to vertical surfaces and absorbs the paint for easy clean up. Will not raise wood grain. Water clean-up.
Technical Characteristics: Off-white gel/paste. Coverage: 40-80 square feet per gallon depending on necessary thickness to remove multiple coats. Apply by brush, roller, or putty knife.
Tips From the Pros - Stripping a Window Using Clearstrip™ Gel
Customer Questions & Answers
- will it remove glue on hardwood flooring used to secure carpet?
- Q will it remove glue on hardwood flooring used to secure carpet? answer nowAsked by February 4, 2022 4:09 pmonAnswered by the admin
We have not tested it for glue removal. Will ClearStrip remove ablative bottom paint from a fiberglass boat? Thanks.
- Q Will ClearStrip remove ablative bottom paint from a fiberglass boat? Thanks. answer nowAsked by May 9, 2021 1:04 pmonAnswered by the admin Clearstrip will remove paint, varnish, epoxy, or polyurethane. We have not tested it on ablative bottom paint. We would suggest making a small test area. Need to remove a top coat of paint from a bottom layer of possible baked on enamel paint, how should I use your product?
- Q Need to remove a top coat of paint from a bottom layer of possible baked on enamel paint, how sho...... Read more answer nowAsked by April 20, 2021 10:54 amonAnswered by the admin
There is a link on the product page to the TDS, which gives you application instructions.
https://www.abatron.com/product/clearstrip/ How many years is ClearStrip gel usable if it's still in the sealed, unopened container?
- Q How many years is ClearStrip gel usable if it's still in the sealed, unopened container? answer nowAsked by May 8, 2020 12:34 pmonAnswered by the admin
It should have at least a one year shelf life. Will this work on oil based paint?
- Q Will this work on oil based paint? answer nowAsked by April 18, 2020 10:16 amonAnswered by the admin
ClearStrip will remove most kinds of paint, varnish and other coatings such as standard epoxy and polyurethane.