About Us / History
Founded in 1959, Abatron, Inc., specializes in the research, formulation, and manufacture of epoxy and related compounds. Abatron, Inc.’s business initially served the OEM market with compounds for electronics, adhesives, coatings, composites, molds, and castings. In the early 1980’s the company expanded and began to fill the demand for high-quality building restoration products. During this period the company introduced LiquidWood® and WoodEpox® for wood restoration, ABOCRETE™, Aboweld™ 55-1, and Abojet™ for concrete restoration, and Metalfix™, Bronzeweld™, and Ferrobond™ for metal restoration. Early on these products were specified for architectural restoration and sold exclusively to contractors for installation. Soon thereafter, the high demand for these products made it necessary to facilitate direct sales to end-users. A network of retailers was also established for our wood repair products. Stocking dealers can be found here.
Currently, Abatron, Inc.’s Building and Restoration Products catalog includes hundreds of items for the categories above, and much more, including:
- A wide range of industrial coatings for virtually any type of floor, including garages, basements, warehouses, shops, and gymnasiums.
- An in-house mold making shop where we can create molds and castings of virtually any architectural features. The products used for these projects can also be purchased for DIY molds and castings.
- An extensive line of adhesives and sealants.
- A structural crack-injection system for concrete walls.
- Plaster restoration products for patching and resurfacing cracks and holes.
- Stone care products for cleaning and maintaining natural stone.
Complementing this extensive product line is Abatron’s commitment to researching and developing new chemical specialties and processes. Contact us with questions regarding custom formulations or special product needs.
Abatron, Inc.’s primary focus is providing products that are:
- At the top of their product category in performance
- Safe to use and safe for the environment
- Easy to use
Our best-selling products are GREENGUARD® Certified. This means they are third-party tested as having virtually no VOC’s, and reflects Abatron, Inc.’s commitment to the safety of the user and environment.
Abatron, Inc. is a close corporation located in Kenosha, Wisconsin, and it is ISO 9001 registered. We sell products in the U.S.A. and abroad. Quality technical and customer support are easily accessible through several channels (phone, e-mail, mail, social media, website, and fax). We are happy to assist with any project or product questions you might have.