Dual Glaze® Glazing Compound
Elastic, Linseed Oil-Based Glazing Compound for On-Site, Outdoor Glazing.
Uses: Sarco Dual Glaze® is a knife-grade glazing putty used for bedding glass on-site, for both metal and wood sash.
Features & Benefits: Dual Glaze glazing compound holds a permanent, water-tight bond on wood and metal sash and doors. Easy to handle, it is made with non-drying linseed oil that sets into a firm, tough cushion and adheres tightly to glass and sash. Dual Glaze allows for normal expansion and contraction without pulling away. Ready for oil or latex paint after surface skin has formed, usually in 2-3 weeks depending on temperature and conditions. It is the most versatile glazing compound for glaziers, painters, and homeowners.
Technical Characteristics: Linseed oil-based putty. Should be painted with oil or latex paint after developing a skin. Can be used indoors or outdoors but is recommended for on-site glazing as it is designed to set slowly and benefits from outdoor atmospheric conditions. Apply with putty knife or other glaziers’ tools.
Learn the Basics - Glazing a Window with Sarco Glazing Putties
Customer Questions & Answers
- Within four months my windows were heavy with mildew. (only in the glazing compound) What do I do to correct it? We followed instructions. WE USED PPG Latex paint. Very disappointed with results.
- Do you sell the 'whiting powder' used in the video tutorial? What brand is recommended if you don't. Thank you.
- Q Do you sell the 'whiting powder' used in the video tutorial? What brand is recommended if you don...... Read more answer nowAsked by August 25, 2021 9:39 amonAnswered by the admin
No we do not. There is no particular brand that we recommend.Answered by the admin
No we do not. There is no particular brand that we recommend. Where is the nearest place I can find this product in store in Minnesota?
- Q Where is the nearest place I can find this product in store in Minnesota? answer nowAsked by June 17, 2021 11:12 pmonAnswered by the admin
We sell the product for the manufacturer. You can order directly from us and we can ship it to you. I love Duel Glaze! Wanted to know if primer is needed before paint top coat? I usually prime Type M so wondered if its safe to do so for Duel glaze as well. Thanks
- can I use a water based paint for metal on top? Hammerite Ultima.
- Q can I use a water based paint for metal on top? Hammerite Ultima. answer nowAsked by April 22, 2021 5:47 amonAnswered by the admin
You can use a good quality paint over the Dual Glaze.