Structural Crack Injection Epoxy.
Uses: Restore monolithic integrity to cracked structural elements by injecting Abojet into the crack to fill and “weld” it back together. This epoxy crack injection seals foundations and below-grade walls against water seepage. The Abojet series of resins is most commonly used in the restoration of load-bearing walls such as foundations, retaining walls, abutments, swimming pools, dams, decks, silos, bridge piers, columns, domes, concrete pipes, and tanks.
Features and Benefits: As Abojet bonds permanently to most substrates and is stronger than concrete, the “welded” repair is often stronger than the original material. It prevents the need for demolition where structural elements cannot be compromised. Abojet is dependable and cost-effective. It is available in prepackaged, 2-component cartridges or in bulk packaging for large projects. Available in three formulations for a variety of crack sizes.
The Abojet Crack Injection Process: The Abojet system consists of a resin and hardener packaged in a single cartridge. When the barrier separating them is plunged, the mixture begins to harden. Injected into a crack or cavity, it hardens quickly, filling the cavity and joining the two sides back together. The hardened system is dimensionally stable and virtually shrink-free.
Technical Characteristics: Each 10 fluid ounce cartridge fills 18 cubic inches. Cartridges include plunger and nozzle. Empty caulking tubes are sold separately for quart and gallon volume packaging. Color: gray.
Abojet 8610-1 is recommended for very thin cracks. Abojet 8610-1 meets ASTM C881 Type III, Grade 1, Class B, C.
Abojet 8610-3 is recommended for cracks < 0.5 in (1 cm). Abojet 8610-3 meets ASTM C881 Types I and II, Grade 1, Class B, C.
Abojet 8702-3 is recommended for cracks > 0.5 in (1 cm). Abojet 8702-3 meets ASTM C881 Type II, Grade 2, Class B, C.
Customer Questions & Answers
- Is there a temperature limit to this application?
- Q Is there a temperature limit to this application? answer nowAsked by October 14, 2022 1:59 pmonAnswered by the admin
The air temperature and concrete temperature should be at least 50 degrees F for several hours prior to and several hours after application. Does Abojet 8610-1 expand as it cures
- Q Does Abojet 8610-1 expand as it cures answer nowAsked by July 25, 2022 10:56 amonAnswered by the admin no I have horizontal cracks in a foundation wall below a concrete deck. Water seeps through these cracks. The concrete deck has a rubberized waterproof coating. Will this product work to fill any cracks and stop the leaking? I am unable to dam up the system at the source of the leak. Would I still use injection ports in the horizontal cracks?
- Q I have horizontal cracks in a foundation wall below a concrete deck. Water seeps through these cr...... Read more answer nowAsked by December 2, 2021 4:42 amonAnswered by the admin
If you used the Abojet, you would have to install injection ports, dam up the crack and inject the Abojet through the ports as it's a fluid product. Will this product work on cracks in brick walls?
- Q Will this product work on cracks in brick walls? answer nowAsked by August 21, 2021 7:31 pmonAnswered by the admin
This is a structural wall crack injection product. You have to dam up the cracks while installing injections ports. If the brick is hollow the product will more than likely flow out. You could use our Aboweld 55-1 to repair the cracks. Can Abojet be used to fill cracks in a wood support column (6x6) that is holding up a beam? Or would you recommend a different product? Thanks!
- Q Can Abojet be used to fill cracks in a wood support column (6x6) that is holding up a beam? Or wo...... Read more answer nowAsked by May 6, 2021 9:13 amonAnswered by the admin
Abojet is a structural wall crack injection product. It's fluid product. You have to dam up the crack and install injection ports. WoodEpox would be the product for your application.