Sag-Resistant Epoxy Paste for Concrete Repair. Use on Vertical, Overhead, and Horizontal Surfaces Without Forms.
Uses: Fill cracks, replace missing concrete, and permanently bond concrete and
most rigid materials. Aboweld 55-1 excels at both industrial and home repairs. Restore columns, walls, ceilings, foundations, pools, rails, stair risers and treads, sculptures, and more. It is also great for installing machinery, posts, precasts, and
other structural components.
Features and Benefits: Aboweld 55-1 has tenacious adhesion and structural strength that make it suitable for even the most punishing environments. It is slump resistant up to 3/8” thick on vertical surfaces and can be applied overhead. Aboweld 55-1 is
shrink-free and chemical resistant. It even hardens under water.
Technical Characteristics: Mixing ratio: 1:1. 100% solids. Pot life: approximately
20-30 minutes. Hardens in 1-6 hours depending on temperature. Color: light gray.
Meets ASTM C881/C882 Type III, Grade 3, Class B, C.
See product test data below.
This product is GreenGuard® Certified, meaning that it has been 3rd party verified to contain virtually no VOC’s (volatile organic compounds).
Contact customer service for information on cold-weather hardeners.
Customer Questions & Answers
- Can you paint over it after?
- Q Can you paint over it after? answer nowAsked by January 6, 2022 10:06 amonAnswered by the admin
Yes, but you'll want to scuff/sand the surface so the paint and/or primer adhere well to it. at what tempertures can you use the product
- Q at what tempertures can you use the product answer nowAsked by December 2, 2021 4:27 amonAnswered by the admin
50 degrees F Is this resistant to hydrofluoric acid and other acids?
- Q Is this resistant to hydrofluoric acid and other acids? answer nowAsked by December 1, 2021 12:38 pmonAnswered by the admin
We have not tested Aboweld 55-1 with Hydroflouric Acids or any other acids, but we do not believe it would be resistant to it. Need to repair minor stucco damage along a roof where the shingles were replaced .. how many sq ft does each container size cover?
- Can I use a standard multi-purpose primer to paint over this or do I need a special high adhesion primer? Also, if I apply with a metal putty knife will it be hard to clean the knife after use (what solvent should I use) or am I better off using a disposable plastic knife set?
- Q Can I use a standard multi-purpose primer to paint over this or do I need a special high adhesion...... Read more answer nowAsked by November 2, 2021 11:28 amonAnswered by the admin
Just be sure to roughen the surface by sanding it a bit, so the primer adheres well.
You can use acetone, xylene or alcohol to clean your putty knife.