Universal Clear Primer and Sealer.
This heavy-duty, versatile primer is water and weather resistant. Use on both dry and damp surfaces. It excels as a primer for concrete, metal, and wood. Penetrates weathered wood and seals concrete. Works as a tie-coat between epoxy surfaces.
TYPICAL TEST RESULTS
|Application||Brush, Spraygun, Paint Roller|
|Coverage Per Gal||320 sq. ft. x 1 mil|
|Pot Life||2-3 days|
|Hardening Time||Approx. 1 hour|
Customer Questions & Answers
- I am refinishing/repainting outdoor wooden steps. If the wood contains intact paint in areas (some paint has chipped away) can I use liquid wood and Woodepox on top? ie. will the liquid wood penetrate the paint? Or would you recommend Primkote on the bare wood areas instead if the wood is solid except for the weathered surface ?
- i have some primkote 8006-1 left over from a job many years ago. 2 parts, not mixed. 1. how long will the primkote last in the cans? 2. i haven't found anything on the web site to explain how primkote is different in effectiveness, than something like, eg: zinsser 1-2-3 water based primer?
- in the video they prime the glazing rabbit, install pane & then prime the outer sash. Would there be negative ramifications to priming both rabbit & sash prior to pane installation?
- I have a project using new cedar tongue and groove oriented vertically as siding. The material is all vertical grain and kiln dried. Would Primkote work to block the tannins in the wood and seal the end grain sufficiently to prevent water wicking back up into the finished material? Would liquid wood work as an alternative to Primkote?
- Can wood epox be used without a primer?
- Q Can wood epox be used without a primer? answer nowAsked by July 10, 2019 8:40 pmonAnswered by the admin
Yes, you can apply WoodEpox to the bare wood. You can also use the LiquidWood as a primer to the WoodEpox.