Customer Questions & Answers
- Will it work on galvanized deck ledger flashing . It’s not totally rusted just a few areas are starting. Should I coat the whole thing ? Or use a tannic acid based product
- Q Will it work on galvanized deck ledger flashing . It’s not totally rusted just a few areas are st...... Read more answer nowAsked by July 23, 2019 1:11 amonAnswered by the admin
POR-15 Should work on galvanized flashing. There are 3 products used with this system, so it is difficult to spot treat with it. I am installing a new body on a 1949 cj3a jeep the old body rusted out where sheet metal was folded together and spot welded. what is your advice for these trouble sum cracks? there are riveted on brackets on the sandblasted frame that present similar questions
- Does this predict work on surfaces that already have paint on them? I'm looking for a product to use on metal steps that have been painted in the past. The paint which is oil based is now wearing off and the metal is rusting.
- Q Does this predict work on surfaces that already have paint on them? I'm looking for a product to ...... Read more answer nowAsked by September 6, 2018 10:07 amonAnswered by the adminYes, but you will lose the important benefits of POR-15. You mustremember that ordinary paints are weakened by exposure to moisture.POR-15 can’t stop rust if it isn’t in direct contact with the base metal. I have a 2002 VW Jetta with a hatch back. The hatch back door panel seems to be rusting from the inside out. Is there a way to inject POR-15 inside of door panel?
- How many square feet will the kit cover?
- Q How many square feet will the kit cover? answer nowAsked by October 23, 2017 5:59 pmonAnswered by the admin
It is hard to give definitive coverage, as each project differs so much. However, each kit contains 4 fl. oz. of Rust Preventative Coating that should be applied not more than 2 mils. thick - two times.