Heavy-Duty, Flexible Polysulfide Epoxy Adhesive Sealant and Joint Filler.
Uses: Abocast 8007-2 is an ideal product for filling joints and cracks in exposed structures such as bridges, docks, parking garages, driveways, and flat roofs. It also works well for repairing cracks and joints between concrete and steel and installing and sealing bulkheads, windows, basin drains, and pipes.
Features and Benefits: This two-part, polysulfide epoxy compound provides high adhesion and medium flexibility. Varied ratios of resin and hardener can be used to adjust flexibility. Abocast 8007-2 can be applied to both wet and dry surfaces, and the hardened product endures any weather conditions. It is resistant to acids, alkalis, and fuels.
Technical Characteristics: Mixing ratio: 1:1 by volume, but can be varied to increase flexibility. Pot life: 30-40 minutes. Hardens in 1-8 hours depending on temperature and thickness. 100% solids. Color: Gray (See attached TDS)
Meets ASTM C881/882, Tp III, Grd 3, B, C.
Customer Questions & Answers
: Abocure/Abocast 8007-2 crack filler.
1) Will this compound shrink after applied and it cures?
2) What is maximum size of crack it can effectively seal?
3) For a deep crack, i.e. 3 inches deep, is the use of a filler foam suggested? (e.g. poly pipe insulation)
- Would this work well to fill a joint between a new and existing exterior stucco condition? Additionally , can sand be added to the mix to emulate the stucco finish if necessary? Thank you.
- Is the 8007-2 the right product for large cracks in the driveway. I saw the tubes of self leveling product which looks perfect, only too much work for as many cracks as I have.
- We are looking for a crack injection or joint sealant which can be tinted to match our polished floors. Do you have a product recommendation?
- how is this material applied ? i have a bulkhead in metal transition to stucco over head
Q how is this material applied ? i have a bulkhead in metal transition to stucco over head answer nowAsked by May 28, 2019 9:00 amonAnswered by the admin
The Aboweld 55-1 may be a better product for your application. It's a no slump adhesive paste that can be applied up to 3/8" thick on vertical surfaces. You can apply it with a putty knife or trowel.