Boron-Based Wood Preservative Powder.
Uses: Tim-bor® Professional offers long-lasting protection against termites, insects, and wood decaying organisms on dry, accessible wood. Apply to wood and wood-based products in spaces such as attics, basements, crawl spaces, and dry exterior wood such as decks for immediate and residual pest control. Dust around nesting sites or create a solution to spray, brush, or pressure inject onto affected areas.
Features & Benefits: Highly effective and economical. Will not discolor or stain wood surfaces. Virtually odorless and can be used both indoors and outdoors.
Coverage: Approximately 200 sq. ft. per pound of Timbor, in solution with water. Active ingredient: disodium octaborate tetrahydrate. Packaging: 1.5 pounds.
This product is unavailable for shipment into Canada.
Customer Questions & Answers
- Will Timbor kill any active carpenter ant nests in a log wall? Can it be applied with a brush?
- Q Will Timbor kill any active carpenter ant nests in a log wall? Can it be applied with a brush? answer nowAsked by April 3, 2023 10:17 amonAnswered by the admin
We resell this product for the Nissus Corp. You could call them at 800-264-0870 for the best answers to your questions. Can the two boron wood protection products be applied using an airless paint rig?
- Q Can the two boron wood protection products be applied using an airless paint rig? answer nowAsked by April 10, 2022 2:40 pmonAnswered by the admin
Hand Sprayers: Mix in a clean container and stir the
solution until completely uniform. Always mix in a separate
container then add the solution to a spray tank. Mixing Bora-
Care concentrate directly in a spray tank can block hoses
Hand Volume Pumping Systems: Add all of the
dilution water to tank, start recirculator and slowly add Bora-
Care concentrate. Mix until uniform. Is this product suitable for use on interior furniture such as antique clothing chests?
- Q Is this product suitable for use on interior furniture such as antique clothing chests? answer nowAsked by February 17, 2020 4:30 pmonAnswered by the admin
yes Would a solution of Tim-bor be suitable to treat a damaged rafter tail before I repair with Liquid Wood and WoodEpox?
- Q Would a solution of Tim-bor be suitable to treat a damaged rafter tail before I repair with Liqui...... Read more answer nowAsked by November 1, 2019 8:23 amonAnswered by the admin Tim-bor should be used prior to application of the LiquidWood and WoodEpox. Be sure to allow the wood to dry back out completely from the application of Tim-bor prior to using the LiquidWood and WoodEpox. Is Timbor safe to use on trees?
- Q Is Timbor safe to use on trees? answer nowAsked by June 3, 2019 7:10 pmonAnswered by the admin
Timbor is a preservative for wood, lumber, etc., not for live trees.