Nu-Wal Plaster Restoration System
Makes Walls Look Like New Again.
The Nu-Wal system conceals cracks and holes, producing a smooth consistent wall surface that looks like new. It works by covering and reinforcing whole walls and ceilings with an estomeric saturant (#2500 coating) and fiberglass mat which can be painted or papered. Cracks do not re-appear, and the surface resists impacts, abrasions, rot, and decay. The non-flammable material is perfect for indoor use and has no toxic fumes. The Nu-Wall system is durable, long-lasting, and easy to install. Repairing plaster with Nu-Wall conforms to all the requirements of ASTM E-1795 and ASTM E-1797 of liquid coatings for leaded paint in buildings.
- 2 gallons of saturant and 1 roll of 40 ft. mat covers 160 sq. ft.
- 6 gallons of saturant and 1 roll of 120 ft. mat covers 480 sq. ft.
Customer Questions & Answers
- should I wash wall with TSP (or similar) solution to prep for application?
- Q should I wash wall with TSP (or similar) solution to prep for application? answer nowAsked by September 20, 2021 10:56 amonAnswered by the admin
Remove all loose particles from the surface. The areas to be covered must be free from oil, mildew or other contaminants. how do you do corners? Do I need to mud it first?
- Q how do you do corners? Do I need to mud it first? answer nowAsked by September 20, 2021 10:47 amonAnswered by the admin
Inside and Outside Corners
Plaster is hand trowelled when it is applied. This makes it difficult to have perfectly straight lines at both inside and outside corners. When starting or ending at either an inside or outside corner it is necessary to "wrap around" inside corners (about 1 inch) and cut the fiberglass at the center of the turn. Remove the 1" fiberglass and coat with #2500. This procedure also eliminates the need to have the fiberglass perfectly plumb. Outside corners are also cut in a similar way. Can Nu-Wal be used to coat over a peeling calcimine coated plaster ceiling? Assuming surface is scraped of loose paint and cleaned appropriately first...
- Can I buy nuwall at Menards.
- Q Can I buy nuwall at Menards. answer nowAsked by August 7, 2021 2:59 pmonAnswered by the admin no Can this system be used on ceilings? A couple of rooms in my historic house have ceilings with some cracked and loose spots. Most people would just Sheetrock over it, but I’d rather repair it.