Ceramic-like Epoxy Enamel.
Outstanding for wear resistance, hardness, gloss, color retention, adhesion, permanence, and durability. Protects against exposure to water, salt, weather, fuels, oils, alkalis, detergents, solvents, and diluted acids. Use on bath tubs, tiles, sinks, tanks, masonry, and more. Stands up to harsh environments and atmospheric conditions. Resists salt spray in marine applications. Apply with brush or spray gun.
Three coats are recommended for porcelain refinishing. Standard base for subsequent clear coats. Requires no primer.
TYPICAL TEST RESULTS
|Application||Brush or Spraygun|
|Color||White (Custom Colors Available)|
|Coverage Per Gal||200 sq. ft. x 4 mil|
Customer Questions & Answers
- What is the recommended subsequent clear coat?
- Q What is the recommended subsequent clear coat? answer nowAsked by August 18, 2021 11:40 amonA Your application guide suggests using a foam brush, however this paint has enough solvent to make a foam brush deteriorate. any suggestions?Answered by the admin
Kromakote does not require a clear coat finish. I'm trying to understand whether this would be safe finish/product for young children who use the tub on a daily basis. Are there any tests on its heavy metal or chemical levels, etc. after curing? For example, would this help the problem of an old cast iron tub that's slowly leaching lead into the bathwater or has no one done these basic surface tests?
- Q I'm trying to understand whether this would be safe finish/product for young children who use the...... Read more answer nowAsked by June 9, 2021 12:20 pmonAnswered by the admin
Kromakote 8601-1 is a safe product for children using a tub on a daily basis. Regarding how well it blocks lead from leaching into bathwater there is no available data. We have a gas stove with porcelain coated burners. The porcelain is chipping in areas and the iron underneath is beginning to rust. Is this product suitable to repair the damage?
- Q We have a gas stove with porcelain coated burners. The porcelain is chipping in areas and the iro...... Read more answer nowAsked by March 22, 2021 7:07 pmonAnswered by the admin
Please call our technical department for further assistance at 800-445-1754. I have an iron rust stain in toilet bowl that I’ve tried straight muriatic acid on without removal. Could Kromacote be used here? Would it be lumpy or smoothe finish? I thought it might be less expensive than replacing two o/ w good toilets!
- Q I have an iron rust stain in toilet bowl that I’ve tried straight muriatic acid on without remova...... Read more answer nowAsked by August 26, 2019 9:08 amonAnswered by the admin
Call 800-445-1754 to speak with our technical department. What is the cure time? Kromakote? Is it self leveling?
- Q What is the cure time? Kromakote? Is it self leveling? answer nowAsked by June 10, 2019 11:59 amonAnswered by the admin
It should be sprayed, brushed or rolled on. Overnight should work well for curing.
There are no reviews yet.