Ceramic-like Epoxy Enamel.
Outstanding for wear resistance, hardness, gloss, color retention, adhesion, permanence, and durability. Protects against exposure to water, salt, weather, fuels, oils, alkalis, detergents, solvents, and diluted acids. Use on bath tubs, tiles, sinks, tanks, masonry, and more. Stands up to harsh environments and atmospheric conditions. Resists salt spray in marine applications. Apply with brush or spray gun.
Three coats are recommended for porcelain refinishing. Standard base for subsequent clear coats. Requires no primer.
TYPICAL TEST RESULTS
|Application||Brush or Spraygun|
|Color||White (Custom Colors Available)|
|Coverage Per Gal||200 sq. ft. x 4 mil|
Customer Questions & Answers
- We have a gas stove with porcelain coated burners. The porcelain is chipping in areas and the iron underneath is beginning to rust. Is this product suitable to repair the damage?
- I have an iron rust stain in toilet bowl that I’ve tried straight muriatic acid on without removal. Could Kromacote be used here? Would it be lumpy or smoothe finish? I thought it might be less expensive than replacing two o/ w good toilets!
- What is the cure time? Kromakote? Is it self leveling?
- Q What is the cure time? Kromakote? Is it self leveling? answer nowAsked by June 10, 2019 11:59 amonAnswered by the admin
It should be sprayed, brushed or rolled on. Overnight should work well for curing. The spec sheet calls for ABOSOLV 8006-38 as a thinner for spraying, but I don't see that listed on the site. Does Kromakote 8601-1 come with a thinner or what would you recommend?
- Q The spec sheet calls for ABOSOLV 8006-38 as a thinner for spraying, but I don't see that listed o...... Read more answer nowAsked by April 24, 2019 1:30 pmonAnswered by the admin
It does not come with a thinner. If you wanted one you would have to order it separately. Please call our technical department at 800-445-1754 for your specific application questions. What clear coat do you recommend to use over the Kromakote?
- Q What clear coat do you recommend to use over the Kromakote? answer nowAsked by April 21, 2019 8:41 amonAnswered by the admin
It's not necessary to use a clear coat over the Kromakote.