Fiberglass Reinforcing Rod
Give added structural strength to wood elements in flexion and tension.
Must be installed and glued into sound wood for support. Choose from .5 or .75 inch diameter by 2 or 4 ft. lengths.
Customer Questions & Answers
- Install in sound wood and glue with what product? Use would be in a boat transom that has partially rotted wood core.
- Q Install in sound wood and glue with what product? Use would be in a boat transom that has partial...... Read more answer nowAsked by May 6, 2019 2:45 pmonAnswered by the admin
You can use the Fiberglass Reinforcing Rod in conjunction with our wood restoration products, LiquidWood and WoodEpox. LiquidWood to consolidate the rotted wood and WoodEpox to fill in areas. In what applications would you use the fiberglass reinforce rods? I have a post rotted at the base, would I need to insert rods into the post before I apply the wood epox?
- I have 4 - 5.25 glulam roof beams installed at a 3 /12 pitch supported at one end with wood columns at the exterior edge of a sunroom. The end has rotted away as well as the column. Would these fiberglass rods inserted into the end with a splice of new wood work?
- Could you please give us a brief procedure on how to use these rods? I have rotten plywood on a motorhome and wondering is this should be used with the LiquidWood with this or just inject LiquidWood drilling 1/8" diameter holes and inject the epoxy? I will also coat the outside with LiquidWood to waterproof seal and then paint over it. Any thoughts would be very helpful.
- Q Could you please give us a brief procedure on how to use these rods? I have rotten plywood on a m...... Read more answer nowAsked by October 16, 2017 12:03 amonAnswered by the admin
We don't think you will need fiberglass rods for your application. If you would like to explore this further, please call for technical support at 800/445-1754.