Steel-Filled Epoxy Structural Adhesive Putty.
Repair or fill metal components, castings, tanks, and magnetic fixtures. Preferred to Metalfix-P where heavier weight, magnetism, or highest heat transfer are the main criteria. Lb/gal: 20.5; Kg/L: 2.5. Pot Life 1 hour. Color: Dark Gray
Uses: Applications are nearly limitless. Permanently repair any decorative or structural metal components. Also use these products on ceramic, glass, fiberglass, and most rigid surfaces. They offer the perfect solution to restore and rebuild metal window frames, sinks, pipes, gates, fences, stair rails, tanks, pipelines, off-shore rigs, vehicles, engines, tools, molds, frames, ship decks, bulkheads, hulls, stacks, masts, and more.
Features & Benefits: This compound offers versatility and resistance to wear and tear, even in high impact environments. It is shrink-free, dimensionally stable, and unaffected by atmospheric conditions, water, salt, alkalis, diluted acids, most solvents, oil, and grease. Resists temperatures up to 212°F (100ºC). Apply in any thickness. The cured product is easy to machine with standard tools and can be painted.
TYPICAL TEST RESULTS
|Adhesive Shear Strength||175-211||2,200||17,24-20,69|
|Hardness Shore D||80|
Customer Questions & Answers
- I have a steel bulkhead and on the front, under the door, one connection holding one side of the unit has rusted through. The break is only about 1 inch long. Would you expect Ferrobond P would have the strength to restore the connection once the rust is removed?
- Product is stated to have virtual no VOCs. How has this been determined? SCAQMD Rule 1168?
- Q Product is stated to have virtual no VOCs. How has this been determined? SCAQMD Rule 1168? answer nowAsked by America on October 13, 2019 8:44 pmAnswered by the admin
Our LiquidWood and WoodEpox have been tested and are GreenGuard certified. I am repairing some rusted areas on a car that I have. If I first grind the area, then apply Rust Converter could I then apply FerroBond P directly to the treated surface?
- Hello, I was wondering what the VOC content of this product is. Thank you
- Q Hello, I was wondering what the VOC content of this product is. Thank you answer nowAsked by Raymond on August 28, 2019 3:15 pmAnswered by the admin
It has virtually no VOCs. I am removing rust from a bulkhead with Ospho. I need to repair one small area with epoxy. Is Ferrobond P compatible with Ospho? Thank you.
- Q I am removing rust from a bulkhead with Ospho. I need to repair one small area with epoxy. Is Fer...... Read more answer nowAsked by Constance R Phillips on August 23, 2019 3:21 amAnswered by the admin
We have not tested it with this product. Our suggestion would be to make a small test area prior to application over the entire area.