Bora-Care® Wood Preservative
Concentrated Boron-Based Wood Preservative.
Uses: Bora-Care® prevents and controls termites, insects, and wood decay fungi such as brown and white rot. Use on bare wood that is regularly in contact with water, such as crawl spaces, decks, sills, columns, joists, beams, logs, siding, and fences. Bora-Care is extremely versatile and can be used indoors or outdoors on wet or dry wood or wood-based surfaces. It is compatible with LiquidWood® and WoodEpox® and is most effective prior to making epoxy repairs.
Features & Benefits: Bora-Care is a long-lasting preservative and can be reapplied to bare wood as needed. Contains patented glycol penetrants which kill and prevent a wide range of insects and pests. Low toxicity to humans and pets. Dilute with water.
Technical Characteristics: Coverage: Dependent upon dilution ratio and surface type. Size: 1 Gallon. Active ingredient: borate mineral salt.
This product is unavailable for shipment into Canada.
Customer Questions & Answers
- I have some large beams with interior rot. Can I treat that interior part with boracare, give it adequate time to dry thoroughly and then follow with liquid wood epoxy? Will the epoxy still penetrate adequately or will the glycol in the boracare hinder that? Thanks
- Q I have some large beams with interior rot. Can I treat that interior part with boracare, give it ...... Read more answer nowAsked by September 23, 2023 4:42 pmonAnswered by the admin
You can apply the Bora-Care, allow the wood to dry completely, then appy the LiquidWood and WoodEpox as per instructions. should I paint lumber with opil based paint after applying bora-care and letting it dry for added protection against rot and termites? If so what type of paint would be best>
- Does bora-care treated woo0d give as much protection against rot and termites as pressure treated lumber does?
- Q Does bora-care treated woo0d give as much protection against rot and termites as pressure treated...... Read more answer nowAsked by May 5, 2023 1:58 pmonA should I paint lumber with oil based paint after using bora-care and letting it dry to further protect the wood?Answered by the admin
We resell this product for the manufacturer, Nissus Corp. You can contact them at 800-264-0870 with questions. I have an exterior 6X10 beam that has dry rot on the exposed beam end. I plan on cutting out the rotted wood to where the beam is sound and then joining a new beam end to replace the rotted section. I want to treat the old/existing beam end prior to installing the new beam end to make certain the rot has been treated and will not continue to be an issue with the old/existing beam.. Can you recommend the correct product for treating the beam end? Bora-Care? Can Bora-Care be shipped to California
- Maintaining existing structure that I finish every 2 years with a 3/part oil finish, can Bora-Care be used prior to a new coat of the oil finish?