BestBond® Crack Repair
BestBond® high-strength epoxy concrete crack repair compound permanently fills and repairs cracks in concrete, stone, masonry and most rigid surfaces. Added flexibility resists cracking due to seasonal temperature changes. Shrink-free and contains no water or solvents. Recommended for horizontal applications exterior or interior. 9 fluid ounce cartridge fits in hand-held caulking gun and fills 16 cubic inches.
TYPICAL TEST RESULTS
|Hardening Time minutes, appx.||35|
|Hardness Shore D||73|
|Tensile Strength psi||1,270|
|Application Temperature oF||50-90|
Customer Questions & Answers
- What color is this product?Bob cavalier
- Q What color is this product?Bob cavalier answer nowAsked by August 2, 2019 10:13 amonAnswered by the admin
Light - medium gray My apologies as I forgot to ask this question earlier. Do you ever recommend using "backer rod" when filling in cracks with this your Best Bond Crack Repair? The crack in my concrete porch is not too deep....perhaps half an inch. How deep would the crack have to be before you recomend backer rod? If indeed you do recommend backer rod.
- Q My apologies as I forgot to ask this question earlier. Do you ever recommend using "backer rod" w...... Read more answer nowAsked by July 23, 2019 8:19 amonAnswered by the admin
Yes we do recommend backer rod to prevent crack repair products from running out of the crack. However, the more material that the crack is filled with the stronger the long term bond. Thinking of trying your Best Bond Crack Repair on my front porch, built in 1944, with roof overhead, mostly western and southern exposure. Crack is not larger than 1/4 inch and does not seem to be expanding much. Not sure why crack developed but there is a lot of vibration from nearby highway and explosions from military base and training center several miles away. Crack has been there for several years. Looking for something to keep the rain from getting in the crack. Also note that I live in Virginia with a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions. I was looking at your MSDS and am somewhat confused because it mentions Part A and Part B. The material itself A) and something to harden it (B). But from looking at your catalog and website it seems Best Bond Crack Repair comes in one tube. Is this correct? One tube? Or two tubes?
- Q Thinking of trying your Best Bond Crack Repair on my front porch, built in 1944, with roof overhe...... Read more answer nowAsked by July 23, 2019 7:15 amonAnswered by the admin
BestBond Crack Repair comes in one tube with the Part A & B. The product get mixed in the tube through the static mixer as it's applied. What do you recommend for porch steps The face is deteriorating towards the top of each step. I live in a 1914 Craftsman Home so the steps are original
- Will solid concrete stain cover the patch and not have different color than stained floor
- Q Will solid concrete stain cover the patch and not have different color than stained floor answer nowAsked by September 21, 2018 3:02 pmonAnswered by the admin
It will not accept a stain.