BestBond® Crack Repair
High Strength, Self-Leveling Liquid Epoxy for Concrete Crack Repair.
Uses: BestBond® Crack Repair permanently fills and repairs cracks in concrete, stone, masonry, and most rigid surfaces. For use on horizontal substrates. Commonly used to repair cracks in concrete garage floors, patios, driveways, and sidewalks. BestBond Crack Repair is also ideal for repairing commercial and industrial floors.
Features & Benefits: BestBond® Crack Repair features high bond strength and moderate flexibility, making it perfect for crack repair. It hardens quickly and resists water, chemicals, and UV. It is shrink-free and contains no water or solvents. For exterior or interior applications. 9 fluid ounce cartridge fits in hand-held caulking gun for easy installation.
Technical Characteristics: Hardens in approximately 60 minutes depending on temperature. Pre-packaged cartridges fill 16 cubic inches. Bulk packaging is also available and can be applied by trowel or squeegee. Color: gray.
See technical data sheet below.
TYPICAL TEST RESULTS
|Hardening Time minutes, appx.||60|
|Hardness Shore A (D)||90 (59)|
|Tensile Strength psi||930|
|Application Temperature oF||50-90|
Customer Questions & Answers
- Is the Best Bond Crack Repair paintable? There's no info on the cartridge.
- Q Is the Best Bond Crack Repair paintable? There's no info on the cartridge. answer nowAsked by July 30, 2022 11:32 amonAnswered by the admin
Yes, you can paint it. Be sure the scuff the surface of it so the paint adheres to it. I have a stable crack in our driveway that is about 10' long. I plan to grind it out w an angle grinder diamond cutter blade, to establish a a uniform width. Then I would install some 1/4" backer rod in the opening and finally fill in above that with a caulk that has a "reasonable modulus of elasticity". To me this means it can accommodate some stretch and yet I want to make it level w the driveway and not have it pull out as car tires go over it. That's the plan in my mind anyway. Would I have to use a primer with Best Bond? Does the depth of the crack to be filled matter? Is three point bonding a concern with Best Bond? Is the plan, as laid out, something you would recommend for installing Best Bond? If the driveway crack job is successful, I would move on to a 20' hairline patio crack. Thank you
- Is the viscosity of the Best Bond suitable for flowing into hairline cracks? Or do you recommend chasing with a grinder prior to filling? Also, The concrete we use here in the Pacific Northwest is a very light silver gray, can this product be ordered in custom colors?
- I want to use this to fix a crack in a concrete that is stained. I have some of the powdered staining dust can I mix it in with the product so it matches the rest of the concrete
- Q I want to use this to fix a crack in a concrete that is stained. I have some of the powdered stai...... Read more answer nowAsked by September 13, 2021 2:40 pmonAnswered by the admin
BestBond is in a cartridge and mixes as it is applied. You could pump it out into some type of container and mix the pigment into it. I recently used Abocrete Kit and Aboweld 55-1 to repair a deep crack in a cement step with great results, although next time I won't add so much sand, it didn't flow enough. I have some other cracks in the garage floor, roughly 1/8" wide, several feet long so it should take epoxy without widening. Is BestBond Crack Repair fluid enough to fill and level these cracks or should I mix up some Abocrete with little sand so I get a good easy fill in the cracks? I'd probably use a 150ml syringe for the applicator.
- Q I recently used Abocrete Kit and Aboweld 55-1 to repair a deep crack in a cement step with great ...... Read more answer nowAsked by May 3, 2021 11:54 amonAnswered by the admin If you have the Abocrete, you can go ahead and use that as you describe. The BestBond is fluid enough to fill the crack also.