5 Minute Hardening Epoxy Adhesive Gel
Uses: Aboweld 8101-5 is used for repairs, assemblies, and laminations that require a thicker, fast-hardening adhesive. Ideal for casting, embedding, coating, dielectric potting, and encapsulating. Aboweld 8101-5 can also be used for jewelry, crafts, and as a fast-setting all-purpose adhesive.
Features & Benefits: Aboweld 8101-5 bonds to most rigid surfaces including ceramics, metal, wood, stone, marble, and hard plastics. It hardens even in freezing temperatures and will not become brittle. It provides high resistance to weather, water, alkalis, diluted acids, solvents, and other chemicals. Aboweld 8101-5 is easy to mix and apply and hardens very quickly for extremely efficient repairs.
Technical Characteristics: Color: translucent. Gel-like viscosity. Hardening time: 5-8 minutes or less, depending on volume and temperature. Tensile strength 2,270 psi.
Customer Questions & Answers
- I am looking for a material to fill a hole created by a sagging pintel/hinge in my door's trim. I need to have strength and some flex, versus a brittle filler that may crack under the weight of my old, heavy strap hinged door. Would you recommend Aboweld or WoodEpox for this repair? Thank you!
- Q I am looking for a material to fill a hole created by a sagging pintel/hinge in my door's trim. I...... Read more answer nowAsked by December 8, 2022 10:43 amonAnswered by the admin
You can use the WoodEpox for your repair. How long can Aboweld 8101-5 be stored at room temperature before use?
- Q How long can Aboweld 8101-5 be stored at room temperature before use? answer nowAsked by November 22, 2022 10:25 amonAnswered by the admin
You can store it for a significant amount of time, up to a year. If crystallization occurs due to long storage, you can warm the product. Wondering about food safety, if product can be used in household china & ceramics.
- Q Wondering about food safety, if product can be used in household china & ceramics. answer nowAsked by July 21, 2019 12:13 pmonAnswered by the admin
Our products are not food safety approved. Can Aboweld be injected into 1/4" wide structural cracks in glued laminated wood beams?
- Q Can Aboweld be injected into 1/4" wide structural cracks in glued laminated wood beams? answer nowAsked by October 16, 2018 1:26 pmonAnswered by the admin
Aboweld 8101-5 is an adhesive product. You could take a look at our LiquidWood and WoodEpox products for your application.
There are no reviews yet.