Heavy-duty Epoxy Paint.
Prevents rust, wear, and corrosion on concrete, wood, metal, and composite surfaces. Excellent for wear resistance in heavy-traffic areas. Provides a protective or decorative coating in industrial, construction, marine, and other environments. Apply to damp surfaces with excellent adhesion and firm integrity. Corrosion inhibitor. Protects against water, salt, fuels, and chemicals. It also acts as a primer or color base for polyurethane and other coatings. High solids. Apply with a brush, roller, or spray gun. Hardens in about 1-2 hours. Available in standard and custom colors.
Coverage: 340 sq. ft. x 3 mil per gallon
TYPICAL TEST RESULTS
|Application||Brush, Spraygun, Paint Roller|
|Coverage Per Gal||340 sq. ft. x 3 mil|
|Lbs. Per Gal||8.4|
|Pot Life||8-12 hrs at 70-80°F|
|Ratio Resin (A) to Hardener (B)||1/1 by volume|
|Tack-Free Time||5-12 hrs. at rm. temp.|
|Viscosity||315 cps apprx.|
Garage Floor Coatings
Customer Questions & Answers
- Does 8508-1 seal small cracks in cement walls and will it stick over abocrete epoxy?
- Q Does 8508-1 seal small cracks in cement walls and will it stick over abocrete epoxy? answer nowAsked by September 11, 2019 3:22 pmonA Does 8508-1 need a primer before applied to raw concrete?Answered by the admin No it will not. It an epoxy coating paint, it's not designed to bridge cracks. It will bond to Abocrete.Answered by the admin
No it will not. It an epoxy coating paint, it's not designed to bridge cracks. It will bond to Abocrete. CAN ABOCOAT 8508-1 BE USED ON CEDER DECK ?
- Q CAN ABOCOAT 8508-1 BE USED ON CEDER DECK ? answer nowAsked by February 9, 2019 9:48 amonAnswered by the admin
Please call our technical department at 800-445-1754 for assistance. Can this product be applied over traditional pool plaster? If so, do u recommend a primer? Thank you!
- I have used Arbitron for years as a small restoration carpenter I am rebuilding a 1949 jeep (cj3a) as a farm utility vehicle, fire wood, moving hay wagons, summer run about etc I have a new pre primed body will sand blast frame, rims etc. prime every thing with primkote 8006-1 and top coat Abocoat 8508-1 will the results be satisfactory? I would prefer a semigloss? uv exposure? custom colors?
- Can this 8508-1 be used on an industrial type floor without a clear top coat? I have used the U Coat it water based epoxy with the polyurethane clear coat. The clear coat peeled off where power steering fluid got on it. I don't want a glossy finish. More of a semi gloss or satin. I just need it to clean up easily. It will be in a racecar fab shop. We patched a lot of holes and a couple big cracks with the Abocrete. It worked really well. I am tired of grinding though.Thanks